Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beauty and Style Come From Within...



via: FGR

So, I was talking to my Aunt Vini today about starting my blog...(she used to work in the fashion industry by the way). She always has such a way with her words...and she said this about fashion that I thought was pretty amazing:

"Beauty and style come from within. Observe people and really pay attention...You'll see it. It's not just the obvious visual beauty that society dictates. It's the deeper and stronger force that's created from believing in oneself. Read the bios from true top designers and inventors and trendsetters...your values, character, and self belief are what make you a whole. Thus beauty and style and in your case, the love and passion for fashion. Love yourself first and fashion and style come alive!"

Every single word she said was totally true. I'm always intrigued by what my Aunt has to say. She is the whole reason I fell in love with fashion. I've always looked up to her. About 95% of our conversations are about fashion, and I love that. I can talk to my friends and other family about fashion, but nobody really gets where I'm coming from other than her. She was incredibly successful when she worked in the fashion industry, and I hope to be just as successful as she was and still is!


No comments:

Post a Comment