Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hair Jewelry Obsession + Prom










One of my obsessions lately. Hair jewelry is such a fun way to spice up a simple outfit! It is a perfect mix of boho and rocker. You can make it really sweet looking or really sexy! Free People has some amazing pieces...a little bit on the expensive side though. Nicole Richie, who's style I have been obsessed with for years, wears these so well! They look absolutely perfect on her! Vanessa Hudgens also loves hair jewelry..and looks super cute wearing them! 

On another note, yesterday was my junior prom! It was a pretty fun time! I went with my best friend Nic... I'm not much of a prom girl.. I absolutely hate the look of prom dresses with the tacky prints, gems, cutouts.. Don't even get me started on prom hair. But, all of my friends looked amazing last night..actually everyone looked amazing last night! Nobody really over did it...most dresses were appropriate..and non-slutty. Please girls...with the cut out dresses. If you don't have a model body, don't wear it. It will not do you any favors. This is also not a time to show your boobs for the whole world to see. A little cleavage is alright, but keep the girls mostly tucked in. Do not wear super tight..up your booty dresses. You don't want to spend all night pulling down your dress! Also, do not pile on the makeup. Depending on your dress and hair....do a nice natural smokey eye with a natural glowy face...OR...keep the eyes and face natural with a bold lip! Pick one or the other. Don't do a smokey eye with a bright pink lip.. It looks way too over done. But most of all, have fun!! Dance the night away with your friends, boyfriend..girlfriend...whoever! 

a picture of my dress....you can't really see the embellishment on the bodice..but oh well. And it looks lavenderish...it's not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment