Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer Style: Crop Tops







From Prada to Emilio Pucci, a handful of designers chose to rock the "crop top" trend. This is a trend that can be extremely tricky to wear, because lets face it....not all of us have these models bodies. I am actually pretty sure that every woman is a little bit self conscious of her mid section. Also, we do not want this to look slutty. 
I am just going to say this flat out... If you are not in shape, do not wear this trend. It does not look good on somebody who may not be in shape in the mid drift area. If you are in shape...there are plenty of ways to wear this look!..
The most common way I have seen girls wear this look is a cropped tshirt/top with high waisted denim shorts. This is a light, extremely cute look for those hot summer days! If you want to dress it up a little bit more, get rid of those shorts and throw in a high waisted skirt. Now be careful with the skirt. Many girls will wear a crop top/bustier with an extremely short, tight pencil skirt. This is when it can look semi-slutty. I would wear it with an a-line skirt...or a pencil skirt that hits right above the knees. You can even pair it with a flowy maxi skirt! Another way to wear a crop top is with some cute, light, printed pant (skinny or wide legged). My personal favorite is a cute wide legged pant. This is so light and airy..perfect for the summer! It is a perfect boho look! If I were to pair my top with a loose pant, I would probably opt for a lace/crochet crop top. The key to this look I think is to not show the belly button. If you show the belly button...it could end up looking very Britney Spearish circa 'I'm a Slave for You'. Not the classiest look... But most of all, have fun with this trend! Experiment with different materials, prints, etc. Summer is all about fun clothing! 

photos via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment