Monday, September 17, 2012

Fox News: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

        You're all probably reading the headline and thinking: Fox News? What the hell do they have to do with fashion? Those were my exact thoughts when I saw that they were covering Mercedes Benz Fashion Week on the Bill O'Reilly Show. They were interviewing fashion insiders only to objectify and stereotype everyone who works in the industry by saying that we have no idea what is going on in this world. They commenting on how we don't know anything about Paul Ryan or the economy. Commenting about how all we care about is picking out the "perfect $6,000 dress" and that money isn't an object to us. Since you think a million people and myself are so stupid, I hope it was worth the thousands of dollars you spent on talking about us. You just spent thousands of dollars to judge a million people who you don't know. I am so incredibly sick of hearing how stupid everybody is who works in fashion. How incredibly ignorant of Fox News and anyone who objectifies people like that. Just because somebody works in the fashion industry DOES NOT mean that they can't have an intellectual conversation about the world, politics or the economy. Just because I work in an indsutry dealing with clothing means that I don't have a voice? Billy O'Reilly, what the hell did the fashion industry ever do to you? If there wasn't a fashion industry, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE CLOTHES ON YOUR BACK RIGHT NOW. Please feel free to contact me and I will show you exactly how much I "don't know" about the world.

1 comment:

  1. Good post kate, great thoughts...I should mention, Bill O'Reilly used to be the anchor for "Inside Edition", the hollywood gossip program, for 6 years. So there was a time when this was his life - kind of ironic that he now makes fun of those industries

    ReplyDelete