Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Best of: Golden Globes 2013













One of the biggest nights in Hollywood was just a couple of nights ago...the Golden Globes. Of course while I love watching the actual award show, I love watching the red carpet to see the amazing fashion! While there were many beautiful dresses, these were some of my absolute favorites! 

The biggest trend of the night was winter white! Francesca Eastwood, Jennifer Lopez, Anne Hathaway and Lea Michele all looked absolutely beautiful and radiant in their gorgeous white gowns! Red and plum was also huge! Even though Jennifer Lawrence's dress caused some controversy, I thought she looked like an perfect 1940's Dior girl. Claire Danes looked H.O.T. in that beautiful red dress after just having a baby a month ago! A MONTH. Many of you who know me well are probably surprised that I included Taylor Swift in my best dressed list, as she is not my favorite person in the world. BUT, I have to say that her Donna Karen gown was amaze-balls. Naomi Watts looked like an Old Hollywood beauty in her gorgeous wine colored gown! It was perfect. Hayden Panettiere probably looked the best I have ever seen her in her gorgeous Cavalli mermaid style gown. Kate Hudson looked ah-maz-ing in Alexander McQueen. The embellishment around the neck is stunning. And the most shocking of the night? Katherine McPhee in her edgy Theyskens Theory dress. She looked incredibly sexy but very classy at the same time. The top-knot definitely pulled this look together. If her hair was styled any other way, this dress would not have worked. She looked like absolute perfection! 

One reason award season is my favorite time of the year is because I can draw some inspiration for my prom dress! I am definitely getting some great ideas for a look I want to go for.. and hopefully my fellow ladies will also get some ideas from this post! Of course there is more inspiration to come from the SAG Awards and the Oscars! So excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment